Monday, November 30, 2009

Here we go!

So I've never done this before. This whole blogging thing but have had a few request to blog about my experience as I walk through this journey called adoption. I'm a single female who has started the process to adopt a child from Ethiopia. My day job is as a social worker, who works in the adoption/foster care field. I do domestic homestudies so needless to say I have some knowledge about this subject, but international adoption is a whole different ballgame. Tomorrow I have my first appointment with my home study provider. I'm excited and looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

Yay! As one of the requestors of this blog, I'm excited! I added you to my google reader, so I'll be following along.

By the way, I do PR for a non-profit serving children and families. We have foster care and group care, and we also facilitate adoptions. And one of my best friends also recently adopted internationally too, so I'm especially interested to see your journey unfold. Good luck!!!

AmyD said...

Hey Melissa!

Congratulations! That is wonderful! I'm excited to keep up with your journey here. I work at Children's and our international adoption clinic is wonderful for post adoption care, etc. I'm sure you have plenty of info, but if I can ever put you in touch with someone there, feel free to let me know!

best,
Amy