Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Different Wait

This wait is different.  I know your face.  I imagine your laugh, gosh I hope you are laughing.  So much has happened in your short three years of life.  I wonder what you are doing, who you are playing with?  What your favorite food is?  Are you sleeping through the night? I lie in bed and all these thoughts run through my head.  My mind races.  The things I need to do to get ready for you to come home.  Painting a bedroom, figuring out the "theme" for the room.  I think about getting to know you, how hard, how easy that will be.  If you'll understand me, if I'll understand you.  I'm waiting, but this wait is different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The wait is very different, indeed! I hope that the wait won't be too long and that you will both be united soon!