Friday, February 5, 2010

Home Visit One Done

My house is cleaner than it has ever been, and quite possibly will ever be again. BIG THANKS to my sister for making that happen.  My social worker and 2 interns came on Monday night and completed the first visit.  It was an educational visit regarding international adoption.  I knew the majority of the information, but its always nice to go over it again.  My social worker adopted her daughter 8 years ago so she has personal information and stories which are always nice and helpful.  She comes again this monday for my final home visit.  Once that is done and the home study is completed and turned in, along with my dossier (hopefully by the end of February) then on the referral waiting list I shall go.  I'm so ready to get my name on that list and get this waiting period started.  So once again its hurry up and wait. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey! So excited for you. It's been so inspiring for me to follow this new journey in your life - and to just be your friend! Miss you.
Daniel

Anonymous said...

"My house is cleaner than it has ever been, and quite possibly will ever be again."

No, what you mean is that once there is a child present, it will be clean, but things will not be where they're supposed to be until the kid is, um, in college. :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow...then it's time to get on that wait list!!