Monday, June 7, 2010

Waiting.

Ugghh!!! Waiting sucks.  Yes mom I said it sucks! (She doesn't like that word:))  I know this process has been relatively smooth in the adoption world.  And I'm thankful for that.  I'm thankful for a referral when at the time I thought it would be at least another month, or two, or more.  I'm thankful for a court date that passed on the first try and then finding out by 12:30pm that afternoon.  I'm thankful for friends and family that are so excited for G-man and myself.  I am thankful that my immigration approval should be in ET by now.  I am thankful.  But for a moment I'm just going to admit to the fact that waiting sucks! (Okay so I said that already.)  I want an updated picture, updated weight/height information.  I want to know when we are traveling, even if its August, then at least I could plan.  I want to stop stalking my email for all of these things.  But alas when I signed up for the adoption roller coaster I knew there would be ups and downs, hurry ups and waits.  So now I wait.  Maybe not so patiently, but wait I do.  But can I say it one more time, WAITING SUCKS!

2 comments:

Sue said...

I'm with you, Melissa! Waiting sucks...I bet it gets proportionately worse the closer you get to travel to get your son!!!! Just know that your friends (even the new ones!) are cheering you on!

Courtney said...

Wow! You sound just like I did this time last year in the last trimester of my pregnancy! Perhaps this waiting time is akin to the time of preparation pregnancy affords. My sister-in-law is adopted & my mother-in-law says it was tough to have no "waiting preparation" beforehand (it was a "get a child whenever we randomly call you" situation). I know the waiting does suck, but I rejoice for the preparation you are getting to experience before meeting your sweet boy! You remain in my prayers.