Monday, October 18, 2010

Visit with Great Grandma

Yesterday we journeyed northwest about an hour and half to visit with my father's family.  My dad passed away 6 years ago so it is kind of a bittersweet day.   My father would have loved G.  So we met my grandmother, aunt and uncle at my grandmother's farm.  Lots of space to run and play.  My mother and step-father (Steve), as well as my brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew and sister also joined us.  Needless to say it was a family affair.  My parents divorced when I was 8 years old, but my mom and dad always had a good relationship based on the fact that they were our parents, and that relationship also goes with my dad's family. 



Getting the two boys to sit still and get a decent picture with great grandma was not the easiest, this is the best picture.  Great grandma with 3 of her 4 great grandchildren. 

He ran and played football with Uncle Daniel, Peepaw and Cousin Andrew.  He had a blast!

A good number of weekends in my childhood were spent on this farm with my brother and sister, and cousins.  I'm glad that Gizatu gets to spend sometime where the memories are so sweet. 

He also found a moth which he was quite taken with.  He would pick it up, look at it, try and make it fly. 

And one last picture with Peepaw.  How he loves his peepaw!

No comments: