Thursday, August 5, 2010

Airplane Tickets Booked!

Mom, Steve, Gman and I all have plane tickets from Addis Ababa to Alabama booked.  It will be about a 16 hour plane ride from Addis to our first stop in Dulles.  16 hours in a plane with a 3 1/2 year old whose known me for 5 days.  Its gonna be interesting to say the least.  You might have to remind me that I've said this in 3 weeks, but I CAN'T WAIT!!! I know it will be long and tiring, but it means we are headed home.  I will give more details for the time we are there as the departure dates get nearer. 

I've been doing some reading... Attaching in Adoption and I'm getting ready to start Parenting your Internationally adopted Child.  When you are bringing home a 3 1/2 year old home to learn to trust and love you it takes different parenting styles than those children that you birth and bring home from the hospital.  So I'm working on figuring out what that might look like.  Attachment parenting...something different. 

No comments: