Thursday, September 30, 2010

This Saturday's Excitement

So I know I haven't written anything in the last month about the actual trip to Ethiopia to bring home Gizatu.  And I have plans to do that in the near future, but just have been trying to process it all and haven't had the time with a 2.5 year old, if I'm honest. 

But I will give you a glimpse of the trip in a small way.  When we traveled to bring home Gizatu, we met 8 other amazing families who were also bringing home their children.  One of the many amazing things about that trip was that one of the families bringing home their 2 sons  lives about an hour away from us.  The boys and G lived in the care center together for 5 months.  They also lived in the same village. 

So this Saturday we are going to get the boys all together.  I am so excited about this.  I can't wait for the boys to grow up together and know who each other are.  I'm also so excited about seeing their family and getting to spend some time with the family that went through the most amazing trip of my life with me.  I'll let you know how it goes!

5 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

That is so freaking awesome! How cool if they all end up being the best of friends!

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia said...

Another mom who is about a hour from me will be bringing her daughter home soon (she just passed court this week) who's bed was a few down from Lily's at the care center. I can't wait to get them together to play.

I still think all of our kids are probably cousins since they were in the same village. ;)

Spenge said...

I didn't know that! That's so exciting! I can't wait to hear about it! Take lots of pics. (also, got your message; let's talk soon! been crazyyyy here)

Sue Samuels said...

So cool!!!! The world gets smaller and smaller, doesn't it!? I just love the connections in the adoption world!

Bethany and Isaac said...

I'm so jealous that y'all are getting together! I wish we could join you! I can't wait to hear about it!